Career Level Others
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Industry Sector Bed & Breakfasts, Inns & Others
May 01 – October 31.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplish housekeeping goals for the day
- Inspect all guest rooms for incoming arrivals
- Checks to make sure all amenities in the room are functional and working properly
- Ensuring all “lost and found” items properly documented and stored away
- Adhere to brand standard cleaning requirements
- Dust all furniture (picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TVs, dressers)
- Change bed linens
- Vacuuming and dusting
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom area—wash shower stall, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Reports and documents all damage found in a room immediately to management
- Must be able to work efficiently while completing the hotel’s standard number of rooms per shift
- Shut off all lights, TVs, and air conditioners when leaving a room
- Must be available to work, during the day (8am-2pm) and weekends
- Additional duties as assigned by management
This position demands good physical health. The lead room attendant will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and on occasion lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds.
- Flexible schedule that may include working on Saturday, Sunday & Holidays.
- Computer skills a necessity
- Multitask and detailed oriented
- Professional & positive attitude
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Physically fit and be able to climb stairs numerous times during the day
- Needs to effectively communicate with guests, co-workers, and management
- No previous job-related attendance issues